Monday, May 12, 2008

Dust Bunnies & Sister Throwing

Thursday night, Jeremy and I set out for my parents house. The plan was to clean out mom's garage and have a garage sale. The weekend garage sale whirlwind began with a lightbulb. Early Friday morning, my sister, Hilary, and I went into the garage to get started on this monsterous task. We flipped the switch for the light in the garage and nothing happened. So, I had the bright idea of putting my almost 30 year old sister on my shoulders to change the lightbulb. After the light came on, for some reason that is still a mystery to both of us, I threw her onto the ground. Luckily, the garage sale items broke her fall. My mother asked Jeremy to paint her bedroom a nice light neutral color that will go with anything. Therefore, he painted it yellow with a red accent wall! Not exactly what she had in mind. So, the day began with a lightbulb and ended with:
10 Dirty Fingers
9 Million Empty Boxes
8 Hours of Driving
7 Dust Bunnies in my Nose
6 Scrapes and Bruises
5 Things to Sell on Ebay
4 Dollars in Personal Garage Sale Earnings
3 Trips Down Memory Lane
2 Moments of Hysterical Laughter
1 Warning for Speeding (Jeremy's)
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

Woo-Hoo for Garage Sales!

Random Message to my Husband: I'm not going to Twitter and you can't make me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am commenting to encourage further posting! I'm also laughing at your $4 ... I think I even made $6 when I participated in your parents' garage sale awhile back. :)