Friday, December 26, 2008
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap the gifts or are they unwrapped under the tree. Santa does not come to my house yet seeing as there are no children there.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I used to but I couldn't find it this year (The plastic kind)
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? What is considered a holiday dish?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Probably the Christmas Eve Night that my sister convinced me that we could her sleigh bells on our roof.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? One of my grade school teacher's said "Now, everyone know that Santa isn't real!" (I didn't!)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My parents always got us Christmas pajamas, an ornament and one or two small things from them on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your tree? Clear lights, silver and gold bulbs and silver and gold ribbon.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? That, I haven't decided yet.
12. Can you ice skate? I did when I was little a few times and I thought I was awesome at it but I am kind of doubting myself now.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with loved ones.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Hmmm...Lots.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting pj's on Christmas Eve and then wearing them to bed.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? A gold star
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? Giving, I love to see peoples faces when they got the perfect gift.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Secular: "I want a hippopotomous for Christmas" and Spiritual: "O Holy Night"
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yuck.
21. What do you want for Christmas? A case for my jewelry.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes. My Sunday School Class usually has one.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJs first, then get dressed.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? No, but my mom probably has enough for all of us.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Both of our families.
I don't think anyone really reads my blog so I don't know who to tag.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
We had our friends Paige and John over and they brought their Dog-daughter, Avery with them - She was a pumpkin for halloween!
Mike and Heather Neff also brought Lane over, who was the cutest little horse on the planet!
Monday, September 29, 2008
I got tagged by Hilary, so here it is:
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. I was a sophomore at Woodward High School.
2. I'm sure I was watching lots of tv.
3. I have a really bad memory.
4. That was a really long time ago.
5. I had been 16 for 6 days.
5 Things on my To Do List:
1. Laundry...Lots and lots of laundry
2. Loose 15 lbs! (I am sure I am on my way with the cookies and Diet Dr. Pepper I got out of the vending machine for breakfast!
3. Get the battery changed in my watch.
4. Write a blog about my car accident and finding the toddlers on the side of the road.
5. Find some dark bamboo blinds/roman shades for my bedroom.
5 bad habbits:
1. Pushing the snooze button.
2. Letting the dogs sleep in my bed. (acctually that is their bad habit but it's my fault.)
3. Stealing money from my Dave Ramsey envelopes to use in another area.
4. Picking at my toe nails and finger nails.
5. Chewing on the inside of my mouth. (this is a new one)
5 Places I have lived:
3. Oklahoma City
5. Broken Arrow
5 Things I am listening to right now:
1. The Smith Barney lady talking.
2. Someone's chair squeking
3. The flourescent lights humming.
4. Someone's computer beeping
5. My boss sniffling.
5 words I hate:
2. naughty words
3. There's is one that I really hate but I can't think of it at the moment.
5. I guess I'm really not a hateful person because I am having a problem with this section. (Just kidding.)
5 Jobs I have had:
2. Math Tudor
3. Target Worker
4. Receptionist at a Retirement Home
5. Commercial Loan Assistant
5 Things I have eaten today:
1. Famous Amos Cookies
3. Diet Dr. Pepper
4. I'm sure I accidently swalloes some toothpaste.
5. That's about it. It is still pretty early.
5 Websitesd I visit daily:
4. Business Manager Wired (only on weekdays)
I tag my Jeremy (I know you won't do it though.)
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
So, after I got home from choir, (by this time is was dark) I trekked out to the water meter and pulled the lid off. I was on the phone with my dad to explain to him what I saw, seeing as he is much more knowledgeable than I am about the inter workings of the water meter. Anyway, I pulled the lid off and leaned over to look in and down goes my cell phone! Into the nasty water! It was dark and I was afraid to stick my hand in the possible snake and spider habitat to retrieve my phone so I just watched it. I just watched it die! After a few deep breaths, I stuck my hand in and grabbed my phone. It was too late! Now I am without a phone for a couple of days!
Moral of the story: Don't listen to Cynthia about water leaks or at least don't talk on your phone when you look into your water meter!
Also: If you try to call me today or tomorrow, I probably won't answer!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
1.) No putting anything into the basket without my permission.
2.) No wondering off away from me with or without the basket.
3.) No complaining.
(Sounds like a child, huh!)
He broke all of the rules in our shopping trip last night. At one point, I found 6 boxes of Crystal Light in our basket. I made him put 3 back. I think that I was still being generous. When we go to the store, I have to tell him that he can only get 2 cheeses. He would spend $40 easy just on cheese. Last night he informed me that fish is the new cheese for him. He got 3 bags of fish! Yes, 3!
We seem to always go over budget shopping when he comes with me. Last night we were $40 over. If anyone has an idea of how I could get him un-interested in going shopping with me, I would greatly appreciate it!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
2. Shocker of the Week: I deep cleaned my bedroom/bathroom.
3. Regret of the Week: Wearing green underwear with my white pants.
4. Eww of the Week: I used the brush that sits in the bathroom at work.
5. Quite Time Tidbit of the Week: Love is a choice. Not a feeling.
6. Craigslist Find of the Week: A free orchid.
7. Highlight of the Week: Finding my husband's old diary.
8. Give-Away of the Week: I have a black long sleeved size 12 wrap shirt. Anyone want it?
9. Ridiculousness of the Week: My husband has over 250 dvd's.
10. Missed Friend of the Week: Sarah Reed
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
This reminds me of a few other "bug situations" that I have had. One summer I worked at a girl's camp and accidentally kicked a scorpion into a swimming pool filled with screaming children. I also caught a pregnant spider in a film canister. We dumped her into a bathtub which caused it's millions of babies to spread out all over the place. It looked like someone dropped a container of pepper into the tub. That summer my cabin-mate and I also mistakenly cut off a lizards tail. We thought it was a snake! (I am aware that lizards and snakes are not bugs. I just thought I would throw that in!)
I will close with one other story. When Jeremy and I were dating, I called him up one night and informed him that I needed his immediate help in my apartment. Upon his arrival, I led him into the bathroom where I instructed him to kill the spider that had decided to occupy my shower. He said "ok, but I will never kill a bug for you again." To this day, he has kept his word.
P.S. During my research, I discovered that Oklahoma is a breeding ground for freakishly large centipedes. Woo-Hoo for Oklahoma!
Check out whatsthatbug.com
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Whoever figures this out can keep the other dollar.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Anyway, I have decided to try a new idea which includes lots of Chicken Wire and Rock! So, to try to get rid of the landscaping timbers, I put an ad on Craigslist.org for "15 Landscaping Timbers for $20.00 or $2.00 per Timber. I will also trade for a honeysuckle or other plants depending on what you have." I got an email from a guy who had Lamb's Ears and Black-eyed Susans. I said "we have a deal!"
Last night, he came to my house to get the lumber and gave me a HUGE Lamb's Ear plant, a Black-eyed Susan, a seedling morning glory that he had in a coffee container, a bucket of horse poop, and $20.00!!! I made a killing! Yea for Craiglist!!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
This is what I did with my Memorial Day off! I don't have very many plants for this side yet.
This is what I got out of the day.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Here's how to play: Post the rules on your blog and complete the following:
3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, and 3 random, surprising facts about yourself. At the end of your post tag five people and let them know they are tagged by leaving them a comment on their blog- Have fun.
1. Listening to my windchimes.
2. Standing back and looking after finishing something. (example: cleaning)
2. I will get made fun of because I only have 2 people to tag.
3. That I will never like to exercise and I will always like McDonalds.
1. Lose 15 lbs.
2. Get out of debt.
3. To one day be an expert at something.
1. Diet Dr. Pepper.
2. Garage Sales.
3. I am currently collecting my used calculator tape. When I get a lot, I am going to interoffice it to a co-worker.
3 Random/Surprising Fact About Me:
1. I was born without the tissue that connects my ligaments to my fingers.
2. I have had one stitch. (In my face!)
3. I love to make charts/lists.
I tag: Sarah and Jeremy
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
2. I will never agree to go to a sporting event with you. You can ask, but I will say no.
3. I begin most sentences with "I shouldn't say this but..."
4. You will more than likely be asked to color my hair at some point in our friendship.
5. I am not always oozing with class.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
10 Dirty Fingers
9 Million Empty Boxes
8 Hours of Driving
7 Dust Bunnies in my Nose
6 Scrapes and Bruises
5 Things to Sell on Ebay
4 Dollars in Personal Garage Sale Earnings
3 Trips Down Memory Lane
2 Moments of Hysterical Laughter
1 Warning for Speeding (Jeremy's)
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
Woo-Hoo for Garage Sales!
Random Message to my Husband: I'm not going to Twitter and you can't make me!