Monday, May 5, 2008

Garage Sale-a-palooza!

I had my first garage sale in my new house this weekend! It went ok. The city kept driving by and stealing my signs so we had to have back up signs to replace the ones that were taken (something about them not being legal I guess!) I made about $200 of which most was promptly spent on a couch that was also an attendee at my sale and a cover for it from Wal-Mart. There were a few larger items left after the sale was over. One was a queen size mattress that was in less than acceptable shape. I put a sign on it that read "free queen mattress!" Apparently no one was willing to take it off of my hands so I resorted to posting an ad on Craigslist.org. A lovely lady and her grown children stopped by yesterday to give the mattress a new home. They threw it into the back of their truck and the grown kids jumped in on top of it and laid down for the ride home! I have now replaced the junk in the garage with my husbands weight set. I wanted him to have his 'man cave' so I hope he uses it wisely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, yay! I'm so glad you've returned to the wonderful world of blogging! Seriously, you know that I appreciate even the smallest minutae of your life. I'm glad to hear your matress found a good home.